My loved one has dimentia/alzheimer's/autism. What can I do to help keep them safe?
If you have a loved one who has wandered away or become easily lost, here are some tips/tricks to help us before we even get called:
- Make a list of the person's habits
- Favorite places or places of recent interest or recent finds
- Anywhere they are trying to "get back" to
- Favorite snack food
- Any routine habits (Such as walking the same route the same way or thinks the brown house next door is her childhood home)
- Have recent photos available
- Take and preserve a scent profile.